HARTFORD – November 22, 2016 – In order to encourage more people to enjoy the benefits of Hartford and to help promote the planned activities for the annual Winterfest Hartford celebration, Hartford Parking Authority will modify the metered parking regulations and the posted on-street parking time restrictions on the streets surrounding Bushnell Park from Friday, November 25, 2016 through Sunday, January 8, 2017.
The specific street locations are:
- Elm Street from Trinity Street to Hudson Street
- Trinity Street from Elm Street to Jewell Street
- Jewell Street from Trinity Street to Trumbull Street (although please note that parking along Jewell Street may be closed periodically through December until the completion of TIGER project construction)
The parking modification details are:
- No-parking from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m. restrictions on Trinity Street will be lifted for the duration of Winterfest Harford from Friday, November 25, 2016 through Sunday, January 8, 2017. (Restriction remains in effect on Elm Street)
- As always, when legally parked, on-street parking in the City of Hartford is free after 6:00 p.m. on weeknights and all day on weekends
- Parkers are reminded to take note of any limitations noted by signage in close proximity to selected on-street spaces
Additional free off-street parking is available after 5:00 p.m. at the State of Connecticut surface parking lots located on West Street and along Capitol Avenue, which gives visitors easy access to the ice skating rink.
Additional paid off-street parking is available near Pulaski Circle.
Winterfest Hartford features the popular ice skating rink by the Pump House in Bushnell Park and a traditional holiday lighting display that extends to the Bushnell Park Carousel. Free ice skating and skate rentals will be available seven days a week during the season.
“We would like to welcome everyone planning to attend Winterfest Hartford to enjoy free, convenient parking” said Eric Boone, CEO of Hartford Parking Authority. “We have also removed the weekday afternoon parking restrictions on Trinity Street so visitors can enjoy the convenience of parking close to the skating rink and holiday lighting display,” he added.
About the Hartford Parking Authority
The Hartford Parking Authority (HPA) meets the needs of parkers Citywide by consistently providing convenient and affordable parking, and strives to be a leader by incorporating parking industry best practices and actively partnering with the City of Hartford in promoting economic and community development. The HPA oversees metered and regulated parking spaces on Hartford streets, as well as operates and maintains the City-owned MAT Garage. For more information, contact the Hartford Parking Authority at 860.527.7275 or visit www.hartfordparking.com.