FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Kenya Smith, Director of Operations, 860.527.7275, email@example.com
HARTFORD PARKING AUTHORITY EXTENDS FREE ON-STREET PARKINGFOR WINTERFEST DURING THE HOLIDAYS
HARTFORD – November 21, 2018 –The City of Hartford and the Hartford ParkingAuthority (HPA) have joined efforts to support and promote Hartford’s annual Winterfest.HPA has modified metered parking regulations in specific areas of the City and the posted parking time restrictions on the streets surrounding Bushnell Park from Friday, November23, 2018 through Sunday, January 6, 2019.
The specific street locations with free daytime metered parking during Winterfest are:
- Elm Street from Trinity Street to Hudson Street
- Trinity Street from Elm Street to Jewell Street
- Jewell Street from Trinity Street to Trumbull Street
The parking modification details during Winterfest are:
- No-parking from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m. restrictions on Trinity Street will be lifted for the duration of Winterfest from Friday, November 23, 2018 through Sunday, January 6, 2019. (Restriction remains in effect on Elm Street)
- As always, when legally parked, on-street parking in the City of Hartford is free after 6:00 p.m. on weeknights and all day on weekends
- Parkers are reminded to take note of any limitations noted by signage in close proximity to selected on-street spaces
Additional free off-street parking is available after 5:00 p.m. at the State of Connecticut surface parking lots located on West Street and along Capitol Avenue, which provide visitors with easy access to the ice skating rink.
Additional paid off-street parking is available near Pulaski Circle.
Winterfest attractions include the ice skating rink by the Pump House in Bushnell Park and a traditional holiday lighting display that extends to the Bushnell Park Carousel. Free ice skating and skate rentals will be available seven days a week during the season.
About the Hartford Parking Authority
The Hartford Parking Authority (HPA) meets the needs of parkers Citywide by consistently providing convenient and affordable parking, and strives to be a leader by incorporating parking industry best practices and actively partnering with the City of Hartford in promoting economic and community development. The HPA oversees metered and regulated parking spaces on Hartford streets, as well as operates and maintains the City-owned MAT Garage. For more information, contact the Hartford Parking Authority at 860.527.7275 or visit www.hartfordparking.com.