HARTFORD, CT – The New England Parking Council (NEPC) will host its annual Municipal Parking Forum on Thursday, November 6, 2014 in Hartford, CT at the Hilton Hartford hotel, located at 357 Trumbull Street. Founded in 1984, NEPC membership is comprised of parking and transportation professionals seeking to share knowledge and build business relationships through networking and educational opportunities. NEPC is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer board of parking and transportation industry professionals.
The annual Municipal Parking Forum will provide NEPC members and attendees with a variety of valuable education opportunities that reflect the latest trends in the parking industry. This year, the day-long forum will offer six sessions with speakers addressing the latest in municipal parking practices and technologies, as well as “shop talks” and peer-to-peer networking opportunities.
The 2014 NEPC Municipal Parking Forum will include the following presentations:
- Intermodal Transportation Centers; Speaker: Mike Sanders, Transit Administrator, Department of Transportation, State of Connecticut
- Parking, A Strategic Element of Economic Development; Speaker: Rina Cutler, Deputy Mayor of Transportation and Utilities, City of Philadelphia
- Case Study: Presentation of the Mansfield Downtown Partnership, Inc. initiative; Speakers: Cynthia van Zelm, Executive Director and Kathleen Paterson, Communications and Special Projects Manager
- Marketing Parking Initiatives to the Urban/City Parker; Speaker: Ron Ross, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Confronting the Big P of Parking: Politics! Successes Advancing, Refining and Measuring Programmatic Initiatives; Speakers: Dan Kupferman, CAPP, Walker Parking Consultants, and Jason Schrieber, Nelson\Nygaard
- New Initiatives in Parking Technology; Speaker: Anthony Derasmo, PMP, Sr. Director of Systems Development Transportation, Central and Local Government, Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc.
“The NEPC Municipal Parking Forum is the region’s best forum for municipal leaders in parking to come together as a community to learn, share ideas with suppliers and peers, and prepare to address future needs,” said Shawn Conrad, CAE, Executive Director of the International Parking Institute.
“The City of Hartford is proud to host the annual forum and welcomes NEPC members. We hope to showcase the successes the Parking Authority has had in Hartford,” said Carey Redd, CAPP, Associate Director of the Hartford Parking Authority and NEPC Co-Chairperson .
Conference information, advance registration at discounted rates before Thursday, October 9th, 2014, and sponsorship opportunities are available online at www.newenglandparkingcouncil.org. A limited number of Hilton Hartford rooms have been set aside for NEPC attendees needing overnight accommodations at the discounted rate of $112.00 plus tax. Call (860) 728-5151 and mention the NEPC Municipal Parking Forum to receive the discounted room rate.