Director of Operations
The Hartford Parking Authority (HPA), a quasi-municipal agency of the City of Hartford, which is overseen by a five member appointed board of directors, leads the operations and maintenance of Hartford’s municipal garage, multiple surface parking lots, public library parking, and all on-street parking within the City. HPA is an active participant in the City of Hartford’s transformation into a more walkable, playable, and vibrant city. While supporting the needs of a blossoming downtown, the HPA also provides support and outreach to the local neighborhoods in order to help resolve resident parking needs.
Please visit www.hartfordparking.com to learn more.
The Director of Operations will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating day-to-day operations, human resources, and administration. This individual will be additionally responsible for ensuring and improving the daily performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
This position will require a hands-on and participative leader in order to effectively oversee the following areas: parking enforcement, permit management, and community relations. A successful candidate will not only be able to manage operations effectively but should also be skilled at capturing and reporting data to accurately demonstrate the relationships between financial and operational activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor the daily workings of various departments and sub-vendors within the organization. Ensure quality of services provided by third party operators.
- Manage ongoing initiatives and assist with communication, tracking, and implementation.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Implement organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor and maintain adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Manage customer/community support by attending neighborhood organizational meetings as needed.
- Oversee the organization’s HR, payroll, benefits, supply management, and IT functions with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Manage additional duties as assigned by the CEO.
The Director of Operations will have progressive operational experience and a minimum of five years of experience in operations management. This individual will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, or similar area of study; or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a management role, partnering with executive staff.
- Significant knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Excellent analytical, abstract reasoning, and problem-solving skills, which allow for strategic data interpretation.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational skills.
- Highly proficient at written and oral communication.
- Technologically savvy, with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Flexible, team-oriented self-starter who is able to multi-task.
- Proven effectiveness leading and mentoring employees in daily operations and subsequently increasing responsibilities as team develops.
- Exhibit personal qualities of an excellent work ethic, integrity/ethics, pro-activeness, and leadership.
Starting salary for this position will range from $80,000 to $95,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Health insurance with employer contribution, including optional dental
- Employer provided life insurance
- Employee funded 457(b) retirement plan
- After meeting eligibility requirements, employer funded 401(a) retirement plan
To Apply: Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hartford Parking Authority provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.